1) Shovel Salutations: Exhale and scoop, inhale lift, exhale toss, inhale straighten
Repeat and repeat and repeat, while maintaining bandhas, breath, and peace of mind
2) Get out mat, or just collapse on living room rug and assume child’s pose to release lower back: On your knees, big toes touching, draw hips toward heels, lower head toward floor, and extend arms out in front. Rest here until breathing returns to normal, mind feels grounded, and heart experiences gratitude for a small spot that has no snow. Stay in Child’s Pose until you can bear the sight of snow when you lift your head.
3) Come to hands and knees for cat/cows to realign spine: inhale allowing belly to drop and heart and chin to pull forward, exhale arching back, feeling spread between shoulder blades, hollowing belly toward spine and drawing hips toward heels. Repeat 5-10 times, and then come to neutral, straight from crown of head through tailbone.
4) Come to lie on your back, hug knees in and gently circle knees in both directions, feeling the massage of your lower back.
5) Supine twists: release knees and let both gently fall to one side, take arms out to sides in T or Goal Post position and gaze softly toward Miami.
Go back outside and repeat!